Mediator | Christian von Baumbach
Since 2016, as a mediator in Berlin and internationally, I have been helping people to talk to each other constructively, to understand each other better and to make important decisions together.
I also work as a lecturer at universities (HAW-Hamburg, Euro-FH, Osaka University) and trainer for associations and educational institutes (MiKK e.V., Heidelberger Institut für Mediation).
I offer mediations in German, English and Japanese and am well connected internationally as a member of MiKK e.V., panel mediator at the Japan International Mediation Center (JIMC Kyoto) and partner of PracticeForte Advisory in Singapore.
Before becoming a mediator, I studied Japanese studies, lived in Japan for over six years and worked as a translator. As a result, I have strong ties to Japan and a high level of intercultural competence. As an intercultural mediator, I am specially trained to consider culture and language as additional perspectives in conflicts.
- Diploma: Regional Science Japan (University of Bonn)
- Mediator BM
- Mediator BAFM
- Zertifizierter Mediator (MediationsG)
- Intercultural Mediator (University of Jena)
- Cross-border Family Mediator (MiKK e. V.)
- Train the Trainer (IHK)
- German, Japanese, English
- TOEIC – Test of English for International Communication (980/1000 points)
- JLPT – Japanese Language Proficiency Test (Level 1)
- Intensive Japanese Language Course (Waseda University Tokyo)
- 2. Dan – Aikikai Tokyo
- BM – Federal Mediation Association
- BAFM – Federal Association for Family Mediation
- MiKK e.V. International Mediation Center for Family Conflicts and Child Abduction
- BMZ – Berlin Mediation Center
- German Mediation Foundation
- Japan International Mediation Center (JIMC Kyoto)
- DJW – German-Japanese Business Association
- DJG Berlin – German-Japanese Society Berlin